Today’s offering brings us a new mix
introducing the world to a collaboration that I’ve much looked fwd to -
A new duo marking the official coming-together
of two longtime collaborators in the L.A. music scene -
producer GB &
singer/writer A Race Of Angels -
have been appearing on each other records for at least 8 years by now.
And while the two had previously joined together as The Othaside in 2008,
nothing has officially been released until just last week
when the self-released Steoples EP hit digital outlets
(w/ a promise of vinyl copies to follow shortly).
In just four tracks, the new EP
channels the more minimally-flourished & dance-focused
side of GB’s wide range of styles,
& melds them perfectly w/ Yeofi of AROA’s unmistakable falsetto -
mapping out an interesting new soundscape for them both,
& quite honestly – for us all.
To mark the occasion,
FRSH SLCTS and GB haved joined forces
to present a short history of the two ever-elusive artists,
compiling some of their more well-known collaborations together
w/ some unreleased tracks from the “Othaside” era
+ exclusive alternate takes from the new album
& more -
all in one concise mix.
You can stream the mix in full before downloading below.
1. The Steoples – You’ve Got To Agree 2008
2. The Steoples – Nature Of The Soul* (subdued version) 2012
3. Build An Ark – When Ancestors Speak (Steoples’ Nu Waves Remix) 2009
4. GB – We Can See You 2011
5. A Race Of Angels – Lady Of The Sun (w/ Thundercat) 2009
6. The Steoples – The Othaside 2008
7. A Race Of Angels – We 2005
8. GB – Otherworldly (alternate version) 2005
9. GB – Sketches Of Crop Circles (edit) 2010
10. A Race Of Angels – The Main Attraction (GB Interpretation Remix) 2005
11. GB feat. A Race Of Angels – Love Is The End (lite) 2004