It’s officially 2013 and The Future is here.
Today, we proudly present the Growing Up In The Future,
the new album from Kung Foo Grip.
With this being the Seattle rap duo’s fourth release in just over two years,
the group has definitely showed growth in between of each of those -
but Growing Up furthers that trend exponentially
with both Greg Cypher and F Is H heard here sharper & more focused than ever,
matched to their most refined & fully-realized sonic palettes to date.
Further carving out their niche within the variety of styles in Seattle’s scene right now,
Growing Up stands out among their peers most for striking a perfect balance -
bringing more on-topic focus & substance to the “cloud rap” genre & BasedWorld at large
(w/ Lil B producers Keyboard Kid and Giorgio Momurda both contributing production),
while at the same time modernizing the rawer, more “conscious” rap sound
without falling into any of the pitfalls that can so easily come along w/ either territory.
In just 9 songs (plus two non-album bonus tracks),
GUitF harnesses more raw energy, refreshing honesty
and first hand experience than a lot of artists twice their age
(both members of KFG are still a few months shy of 21) -
making good on their word of all the potential shown on early outings.
What a way to start the year off.
You can stream Growing Up In The Future here
before downloading it for free directly below.
Also, included after the jump, is the official EPK/behind the scenes mini-doc
which features behind the scenes footage of the album’s recording process
+ interviews w/ the group & more.
2. Tuskegee (feat. Jarv Dee & Kris Kasanova | prod. Stewart Villain)
3. Tell The World (prod. Giorgio Momurda)
4. Out Of My Element (prod. Giorgio Momurda)
5. Sophisticated Ignorance (prod. Gered LaFlare)
6. The Wave (prod. Keyboard Kid)
7. Growing Up In The Future (feat. Kirk Huffman | prod. Stewart Villain)
8. Nice Dreams (feat. Bryce Bowden | prod. Keyboard Kid)
9. Indigo Worldwide (feat. Shaprece | prod. Stewart Villain & Frankly Esquire)
Artwork by Nate James for FRSH SLCTS/YWG
Selected by KNNY FRSH for FRSH SLCTS