SoCal satellite for all things beat-related, BTS Radio
is back at it today – this time even stepping things up a notch
w/ a new, exclusive mix from Chaz Budnick –
better known as indie producer/singer, Toro y Moi.
Giving some context on how the collaboration came to be,
BTS founder Andrew Meza wrote:
We first got hip to Toro Y Moi when Brainfeeder artist, Mono/Poly, played us tracks from the Toro Y Moi debut, Causers Of This. It only took a few seconds in before we knew we had to link with Bundick. A couple years later, we have this incredible guest mix to share with you. Heavy on dance grooves (including new music from Les Sins) and some ruthless hip-hop cuts, this is an instant BTS classic.
For the Chi Chi Mix, Chaz focuses more on the upbeat side of things -
including along the way,
a song each from both his Toro y Moi and dance-oriented Les Sin handles,
before ending the mix w/ a few choice rap cuts as well,
showing versatility from an artist that too often
gets pigeonholed within the cringe-worthy titled “chillwave” trend of years past.
You can stream the mix + download it for free below the tracklisting below.
Also included as a bonus download is “Dead Pontoon” -
the official leak from Toro’s most recent release, June 2009 -
a collection of some of his previously unreleased earliest works.
1. Bullion – Family
2. Mo Kolours – Mini Culcha (Beautiful Swimmers Remix)
3. Kareem Moser – OS2009
4. Wolf Müller – Lagerfeuer Tanz
5. Stephen Farris – Feel 4
6. Julio Bashmore – Battle For Middle You
7. Matthias Reiling – Bubble To Bubble
8. Les Sins – Fetch
9. Mosca – The Way We Were
10. Todd Rundgren – Sometimes I Don’t Know What To Feel
11. Blank & Kytt – Cassette Thing
12. Toro y Moi – Hood Dreams
13. C.Z. – Throw Some 1′z
14. Danny Brown – Drinks On Me (prod. Quelle)
15. Rick Ross feat. Stalley & 2 Chainz – Party Heart (prod. Chuck Inglish)
16. Azizi Gibson – Booshie Champagne (prod. C-Mo)